Monday, January 28, 2013

Good Luck Finding Help!

I really have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing!
Have you ever thought or said that? I know I have, and still do. One of the first things I learned about writing is that it's a very lonely process. Even if your in a book club or a writer's group, your still alone. I've found it very difficult when asking for advice from other authors as far as "How to Write My Author's Bio", or "How Can I Get Other Authors to Follow Me On My Site", etc. It just honestly feels like authors just don't care to offer you any advice, or that they are afraid you will still some of their secrets. That's why I'm learning how important self- promotion is to up-and-coming writers. You can only depend on what you do for yourself. Even editor's and publishers expect for you do have at least half of your homework done before they will even look at you. And I get that, I really do. As a writer my career advancement is based off of how much effort I put into it. It just would really be benefical to aspiring writers as well as seasoned veterans to offer helpful advice. I happened to luck up when cruising my favorite home-away-from-home, Barnes and Noble and my eye caught on a book by Janet Evanovich: "How I Write." That book was exactly what I had been searching for. Now if only even half of successful authors did what Mrs. Evanovich did, we'd be able to produce better books, and take half of the work load off of our already overworked agents, editors, and publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave your comments. It's the best way we writers can help one another!