Thursday, June 27, 2013

Family support for my career as a writer, a must!

A few days ago, I decided to do my very first self-published children's pic book, "Red Hot Pepper". All four of my children love art and and pretty good at it, like my husband who is a graphic design artist by trade. Ever since I stated that I was striving to become a published author, they all wanted to jump on the band-wagon and assist me. I even had to explain to them that while I am constructing stories I am considered a writer. However, when the day comes that I become published, then and only then will I be able to adorn the name author. So my first project is with my 10-year-old daughter being my illustartor. My children may be doing it for fun, but they may never ever realize how their support of my career is to me. I am very grateful to them. One thing I learned coming into this profession is that receiving the right kind of support is vital to one's success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave your comments. It's the best way we writers can help one another!