Monday, January 13, 2014

I think I found a new friend!

Okay, so maybe I need to hop on over to YouTube a little bit more.

I usually am not a YouTuber, but the other day it had occurred to me of all the priceless, and free information that is stored, and up-loaded there every second of the day. Since I'm currently working on my first children's picture book, I decided to see what kind of help I could possible find there. Boy did I hit the "mother load"!

I typed in: How to self publish children picture books, and one of the very first vids I saw was from an author of children picture books by the name of Jo Linsdell. Her vid was almost an hour long. Well with kids needing to be picked up from school, and house-hold chores that were being neglected, I had to save it in my "watch later" history. Since then I've been watching it, taking notes and finding new reassurances that I'm on the right path with my writing career.

She has also helped me to understand a few operations when it comes to using certain sites such as Amazon's Kindle (CreateSpace), Smashwords. etc.

Now I'm looking into print and eBook options for my books. Not to mention going either self published or sticking with the original traditional. Must admit, her success with self publishing is sounding taster by the minute. Although I do realize that one person's success is no guaranteed for another's. You only get out, what you put in.

So off I go, putting in the time and effort, now let's see what hatches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave your comments. It's the best way we writers can help one another!